Now accepting applications for ghc-scw board of director nominees
Thank you for your interest in our Cooperative! Applications are now being accepted for the three positions that are now open on our Board of Directors. Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM on March 16. Below is a link to the application along with a listing of minimum and preferred candidate qualifications. If you have questions about the application process, please contact GHC-SCW at (608)-662-4183.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
To be eligible to become and remain a Director, a person must meet the following qualifications:
1. The person must be a member of the Cooperative and be at least 18 years of age. All Individual Class Directors shall be members of the Cooperative.
2. Except for the Practitioner Employee Class Directors, no employee of GHC may serve on the Board of Directors.
3. Individual Class Directors may not have employment or financial interests which conflict with or are adverse to the mission, objectives or goals of this Cooperative. If there is a question as to whether a person fulfills such qualification, a majority vote of the Directors then in office shall determine whether the person fulfills the qualification or not.
Individual Class Directors absent from three consecutive board meetings or four meetings in a year are removed from the Board.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- To be able to read and understand financial statements
- To understand the concept and operation of a staff model health maintenance organization.
- To have been trained or to have experience in one or more of the following areas:
To have belief in and be able to promote GHC's mission and values to the community.
- A Minimum of 6 Years' Previous Board Experience
- Cooperative Experience
- Financial Management
- Health Care Policy
- Health Care Innovation
- Strategic Planning