GHC LGBTQ+ Primary Care Services
GHC understands and values the importance of care in an environment that is both safe and welcoming. We are committed to providing patient-centered primary care to our LGBTQ+ members.
At GHC, you have the right to:
- Individualized and family-oriented care without discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
- Include your partner or child in your care, regardless of legal recognition
- Designate your preferred name, your gender identity and pronouns within your medical record
On this LGBTQ+ Primary Care Services site, you will find:
- GHC Primary Care Providers (PCPs) who have self-identified as providing culturally sensitive care.
- GHC Primary Care Providers who regularly provide care to LGBTQ+ members and have knowledge or special training in LGBTQ+ Primary Care.
- Recommendations on how to speak to your PCP about your sexual orientation and/or gender identity or expression.
- Information on common health and wellness topics important to the LGBTQ+ community
We are currently working on implementing legal sex of x into all of our member facing functions. We hope to have this implemented as soon as possible as we work with our third-party vendors to add the legal sex of x to their systems. (Accurate as of 5/25/2022)
Preventative Services for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV-1
Truvada (emtricitabine/tenofovir) is a prescription medicine that can help reduce your risk for getting HIV-1 through sex when taken every day combined with safe sex practices. PrEP is a safe and effective medication that can be use as a preventative measure for certain individuals who may engage in high-risk sexual behaviors, polyamorous, or in a relationship with someone who is living with HIV-1.