Whether you recently had a positive pregnancy test or are thinking about becoming pregnant, GHC-SCW is proud to be there for you throughout every step of your journey.
What to do after a recent positive pregnancy test
- This news may be met with excitement or feelings of anxiety. You may feel happy, nervous, scared or a combination of these. This is normal. Whatever you feel, we want you to know your GHC-SCW care team is here to support you and share this journey with you.
- Once you have verified your positive pregnancy test with your primary care provider, you will be given a folder from your GHC-SCW care team. This folder contains helpful information for throughout your pregnancy, including information about over-the-counter medication, our continuity of care model, and a sample prenatal care visit schedule.
- You can view the folder here.
- Puedes ver la carpeta aquí.
Connected Care at GHC-SCW Clinics
- Every GHC-SCW primary clinic is a gateway to the best care in Dane County, including the Meriter Birthing Center.
- The Meriter Birthing Center is the largest in Wisconsin, with over 13 private delivery suites and 24 private post-delivery rooms.
- UnityPoint - Meriter also offers childbirth classes for every step of your pregnancy journey, including courses about your baby's first weeks and the basics of breastfeeding to ensure you feel prepared for this next step of your life. You can sign up and learn more about class offerings here.
- Access Community Health Centers also provide childbirth and breastfeeding classes. Learn more at accesscommunityhealthcenters.org. If you have questions, please call (608) 443-5564.
- GHC-SCW is proud to partner with local program partners to create ConnectRX Wisconsin. The program is for certain high-risk pregnancy patients with social needs in Dane County. If you qualify, you will receive extra support during your pregnancy. This support will include access to community health care workers to help you through every step of your pregnancy to improve you and your baby's outcomes.
- You can learn more about ConnectRX Wisconsin here.